If so, you're in luck! "So You Want to Be a Knitting Designer..." is on sale until January 7th!
A few months ago, I set out to write the book I wished I'd had when I was relatively new to the knitting industry, and this is it! SYWBAKD covers such diverse ground as...
- Putting together an excellent design proposal
- Marketing and social media
- Working with tech editors and testers
- Dealing with problem customers and copycats
- Attending TNNA and other trade shows
- The ins and outs of yarn support
- Pattern writing, formatting, and photography
(You can take a sneak peek at the table of contents and hear with Stacey of FreshStitches had to say about the book over on her blog. )
SYWBAKD is normally $19.50 but with the code "hello2014" it is just $14! I don't discount it often, so nab it quick ;-)
"So You Want to Be a Knitting Designer"
I am toying with releasing another resource for new designers but the kinks aren't quite worked out yet- but if you're a new-ish designer, keep your eyes peeled!