As you might know, we adopted some dogs a little over a year ago. One of them, Pog, is a major mystery mutt.
For Christmas, I asked for this:
It's a DNA test that will, theoretically, tell us what dogs make up Pog's specific brand of mutt. We have our own theories, but we thought it'd be fun to let people guess! Y'know, like those pools they do with babies, only....not.
Some nommy Louisa Harding Kimono Angora, plus whatever other goodies I feel like tossing in when I'm mailing it.
So here's how it works: In the comments, tell us which dogs you think make up the Pog. You can be as specific as you want ("50% Horse, 50% Bat" or "Mostly Gargoyle with a little bit of Gremlin.") The answer that is most accurate (and comes first in the case of a tie) gets the prize. Wisdom Panel is sort of notorious for coming back with totally left-field answers that make no sense, so if nobody gets it, I'll just draw randomly. Also good to know: Wisdom Panel doesn't have "Pit Bull", but they do have stuff like "Staffordshire Terrier" and "American Bulldog" which is what Pits were made out of back in the day. (Here's the full breed list if you want to get technical. )
- 31 lbs
- Black outer coat with a tan undercoat and white blob on chest, one toe.
- 'bout knee high, or "just tall enough to whack you in the balls with her front feet."
- Very fast, smart, and stubborn. Slightly neurotic.
- Makes a wide variety of grumbles, yodels, and trills
- Tail curls upwards slightly
- Slightly tucked up belly
- Short hair, but not smooth. Mohawk on the spine that raises when she's angry/excited.
Good luck! I popped the tests in the mail today and we'll keep the contest going til I get the results :-)