Does anything feel better than getting shit done? It is the only thing that actually reduces stress for me. I guess that makes sense, though it's not always convenient.
What I did today:
- Got gas
- Stopped by the sale at Abundant. I'm finally at a point where I feel like I have enough yarn. Really. That point exists. But that doesn't mean it wouldn't be stupid of me to NOT pick up $70 worth of primo fuzz for $28. Do I look stupid to you?
(I may be going through a color phase. I was also wearing my favorite socks today. Oddly enough I don't own any clothes in these colors.)
-Mailed off little Floozy to her new home. I got the handspuns re-shot yesterday (and made a lightbox! More on that later) and some of them listed. I'll do a shop update post when they're all up, possibly later tonight.
- Returned school library book
- Turned thesis in for printing and binding
- Went to health center to get prescription (the nurse who saw me turned out to also be a knitter- I managed to pawn a business card off on her and point her towards Twisted for possible lessons :-P )
- Returned regular library books. Picked up a book on weaving.
- Bought mother's day card, advisor gift, loaf of bread
- Bought foam head to block hats on (I've tried coming up with alternatives because foam heads are creepy, but nothing works as well. And they're only $3.)
- Picked up printer/birthday present, finally. My dad is going to be unhappy when he learns it's not an HP...the one I wanted wasn't on sale anymore, which put the wireless, double-sided-printing HPs out of my price range. And dammit if I didn't want wireless-ness and double-sided printing. I don't think I need to print enough that the slight savings on ink will be that big of a deal. Plus the one I got was $100 off. Sweet.
- Wrestled printer into submission and made it print things. Hooray!
- Filled out mother's day card, advisor gift card
- Blocked hat
- Picked up thesis
And now, I am friggin' hungry. The rest of the week includes more fun errands, such as "return keys", "clean thesis office", "take sister to school visit", "write goddamn art history paper so I can graduate" and maybe even "get new brake pads so I don't careen into the Willamette." Oh, and washing the dog, which I was supposed to do today, but I didn't quite make it (business hours be damned!) Fun.
PS: This is important. I'm pretty sure everybody should see this video: Two words: Ballerina ninjas.